Our Terms of Service
Afrika Needs You (hereafter expressed as “We”, “Us”, “Our”) Terms of Service (these “Terms” or these “Terms of Service”) contained herein on this webpage, shall govern your use of this website, including all pages within this website (collectively referred to herein below as this “Website”).
Your access to and use of the services associated with Afrika Needs You is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms of Service. Therefore, by using this site, you (The “User”) accept and agree to these Terms of Service as applied to your use of the site.
This Website is not for use by any minors (defined here as those who are not at least 13 years of age), and you must not use this Website if you a minor.
2. Intellectual Property Rights
Other than content you own, which you may have opted to include on this Website, under these Terms, Afrika Needs You and/or its licensors own all rights to the intellectual property and material contained in this Website, and all such rights are reserved.
You are granted a limited license only, subject to the restrictions provided in these Terms, for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
You are expressly and emphatically restricted from all of the following:
- Selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- putting up any contents that do not conform to Afrika Needs You Content Terms provided here;
- using the Market section in anyway that does not conform to the Market Terms provided here;
- using this Website in any way that is, or may be, damaging to this Website;
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in a way that causes, or may cause, harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website, or while using this Website;
- using any sections of this Website other than the MARKET page to engage in any advertising or marketing.
Certain areas of this Website are restricted from access by you and Afrika Needs You may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website (even more so if you are an Unregistered User), at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality of such information.
Our service allows you to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, photos videos, or other material (“Content”). You are responsible for your use of these services. Content you share on this website will be made available to other Users of this Site, as well as visitors from third-party sources. In view of this, you should only provide Content that you are at ease with sharing under these terms. Again, you are responsible for and retain your rights to whatever contents you share on or through this Site services.
To the extent permitted by applicable laws we shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Content on this website.
Afrika Needs You reserves the right to monitor all Content and to remove any contents which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You hereby grant to Afrika Needs You a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit (to make content suitable for public consumption) and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit (to make suitable for public consumption) any of your Content in any and all forms, formats or media.
You warrant and represent that you are entitled to post the Content on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
By using this website you agree not to share any content that:
- Violates or infringes any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- Breaches or conflicts with any obligation such as confidentiality obligation;
- Is defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy;
- Contains pornographic or sexually provocative content;
- Is false or untrue;
- Contains elements of racial, religious and cultural bias;
- Contains a virus or any other program designed to damage, impede or interfere with the proper function of any software; and
- Is used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities (except in the MARKET section) or unlawful activity.
5. No warranties
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and Afrika Needs You makes no express or implied representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. You, the user, are permitted to provide Feedback to us on your experience using this site to help us improve our services.
7. Market Page
Afrika Needs You operates the Market Page (hereafter referred to as “Market”) to provide its users a platform to advertise or showcase their products and services in a catalogue form to other users. We do not store any of the advertised or showcased products or services. We however allow the seller to provide information such as the prices (and any discounts, if provided by the seller advertising) of such products and services, the seller name, email address, country and state, and phone number.
This service, for now, is provided for free until Afrika Needs You decides to monetize any parts of it. In the event of monetizing any parts of this service, you will be notified to that effect.
To the extent that we do not store any of the goods and services advertised on our Market, we will not be involved in transacting of such goods and services or be responsible for any losses incurred or damages suffered in the course of carry out transactions on this platform.
The safety of Afrika Needs You and its users is very important to us. Hence, you the User agree that:
- You will not advertise any products or services that do not exist;
- You will not provide any false or misleading information about yourself or the products and/or service you advertise.
- You will act in the best interests of every other user on Afrika Needs You by refusing to carry out any activity that is potentially harmful, forbidden by law or even tainted with illegality;
- You will not provide any adverts relating to illicit, illegal or prohibited products/services;
- You will post your advert in the appropriate categories provided on the Market;
- You will not provide any photos (as part of the requirements for advert creation) that do not reflect the title and/or description provided on the same advert.
Afrika Needs You reserves the right to delay, suspend or take down any adverts that do not comply with the above-stated Terms. The User putting up such an advert will be notified to that effect.
9. Account and Registration:
It is our aim to achieve an online continent that is founded on positive values, among which is Honesty. We require that real names and information be provided by EVERY USER where such is requested by Afrika Needs You in accordance with our Terms of Service. To contribute to achieving this, you agree that:
- You will not provide any false, misleading or untrue information about yourself on registration or modification of your registered account.
- You will not create more than one account for yourself.
- You will not use Afrika Needs You if you are below 13.
- You will not use Afrika Needs You if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will not share your password with anyone else.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another without our permission.
- You will keep your information up-to-date.
10. Limitation of liability
In no event shall Afrika Needs You, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, be liable to you for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website, whether such liability is under contract, tort or otherwise, and Afrika Needs You, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
You, the user, are responsible for your use of the services provide on Afrika Needs You.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent Afrika Needs You from and against any and all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Terms unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
If you find any content on this website objectionable for any reason, you may Contact Us about this. We will consider requests to remove objectionable content but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
14. Variation of Terms
Afrika Needs You is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review such Terms on a regular basis to ensure you understand all terms and conditions governing use of this Website.
Afrika Needs You shall be permitted to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification or consent required. However, you shall not be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
16. Entire Agreement
These Terms, including any legal notices and disclaimers contained on this Website, constitute the entire agreement between Afrika Needs You and you in relation to your use of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings with respect to the same.
You, the user are responsible for your use of the services associated with Afrika Needs You website.